Now that the Hubsan Zino is more than a year old, a successor is coming onto the market. (There was the Zino Pro, but it was more a small upgrade than an independent model.) The drone carries the simple name Hubsan Zino 2, has a 4K/60fps camera and over half an hour flight time.
New model in the old style
At first glance, the Zino 2 looks almost exactly like the Zino (1). The basic design hasn’t changed, just add a 2 to the writing on the top. The biggest difference is probably the new camera gimbal. This can now be removed.
If you take the drone in your hand, you will notice another difference. The Zino 2 is 200 grams heavier than its predecessor. One reason for this might be the battery, which has also been upgraded. But together with further optimizations, it has a positive effect on flight time. According to the manufacturer, it should last more than half an hour under ideal conditions, a good 10 minutes more than before. The range should be up to 6 kilometers and the maximum speed as with the Mavic 2 72 km/h… All in all, the Zino 2 seems well equipped for longer shots.
But of course, the most important thing is the camera. 4K could already do the first drone, now 4K is also available with 60 fps for the first time. A peak value that even puts you ahead of other models such as the DJI Mavic 2 or the Fimi X8 SE, which only supports 30 frames. But will the recordings really be better as a result? This requires more than just a higher frame rate and a few test shots. The bit rate of the video transmission is up to 100 Mbps.
The camera suspension is, of course, a 3-axis gimbal. The drone has GPS (and GLONASS) supported functions and a tracking feature. For the first time, the remote control includes a display with information about the aircraft, but in addition, the smartphone is mounted underneath, on which the live image of the camera is displayed.
Hubsan Zino 2 – Price and availability
The Zino was quite well received and was praised for its price. The Zino 2 is a bit more expensive, but also offers some important upgrades like the better camera and the much longer flight time. Moreover, its price is still on a par with the Fimi X8 SE, which at least on paper leaves it technically behind.
Currently, the drone is available at GearBest in advance for $399.99, after that, it is expected to rise again to over $400€. You can also choose between packages with a second battery or an additional carrying bag for a little more money. According to GearBest, shipping will start in January.
Hubsan Zino 2 Descriptions
Enjoy Your Flight Right Now!
The remote control distance of Hubsan Zino 2 has been upgraded from 2.5km to 8km, which allows you to take photos of further scenery and places. The camera is upgraded from 4k-30fps to 4k-60fps, and the images taken are more clear and exquisite. Larger lens size for better low-light effect. In addition, it also has a remote control with a digital display that has a high brightness screen to allow you to track the flight data in real-time and you can clearly see it under the strong light outdoors, so as to better enhance the user experience. The flight endurance of Hubsan Zino 2 can max. up to 33 minutes (in a windless environment) so that you to fully enjoy your flight in one go.
Hubsan Zino 2 Main Features:
● 8km upgraded remote control distance, the image transmission distance is even more distant
● 4K-60fps camera, support RAW format, photo lossless output, and time-lapse shooting
● 1/2.3 inch CMOS larger lens size, better low light effect
● Remote controller with digital display, visible in strong lights
● The flight endurance up to 33 minutes (windless); Accurate battery power monitoring
● Update the latest firmware of aircraft and remote control online through App
● Negative film is downloaded directly via a wireless link
● The gimbal is detachable
● Support using the transmitter to control the drone DIRECTLY
Hubsan Zino 2 Specifications:
● Maximum take-off altitude: 5000m
● The longest flight time: 33mins (windless)
● The longest hover time: 32mins (windless)
● Max. endurance mileage: 20km (50km/h windless cruising)
● Wind resistance: 5-level
● Max. Tiltable angle: 25 degrees (normal mode); 35 degrees (sports mode)
● Max. rotational speed: 150 degrees/s
● Working temperature: -10 Deg.C – 40 Deg.C
● Working frequency: 5.725 – 5.850 GHz
● Positioning: GPS + GLONASS
Pan-Tilt Specifications of Hubsan Zino 2:
● Structural design range: pitch: -135 degrees to 45 degrees; roll: -40degrees to 40 degrees; Shift: -35 degrees to 35 degrees
● Controllable rotation range: pitch -90degrees to 0 degrees
● Stability system: 3-axis gimbal
● Maximum control speed (pitch): 100°/s
● Angle jitter: ±0.01°
Camera Specifications of Hubsan Zino 2:
● Image sensor: 1/2.3 inch CMOS sensor
● View angle: 80°
● Equivalent focal length: 24-48mm
● Aperture: f/2.2
● ISO range: photography: 100-1600 (automatic); 100-3200 (manual) Video: 100-3200 (automatic); 100-3200 (manual)
● Shutter speed: 1/8000 – 1/30
● Image pixel: 12M
● Compress resolution: 4K: 3840*2160 30/60fps / 2.7K: 2704*1520 30/60fps / 1080P: 1920*1080 30/60/120fps / 720P: 1280*720 30/60/120/200fps
● Video maximum bitrate: 100Mbps
● Support file system: FAT32
● Image format: JPEG/DNG (RAW)
● Video format: MP4 / MOV (h.264 / Mpeg-4 AVC)
Battery Specifications of Hubsan Zino 2:
● Capacity: 3800 mAh
● Nominal voltage: 17.4V (4S)
● Charging limit voltage: 17.6V
● Battery type: intelligent lithium battery, accurate calculation of battery power, ensure the safety of battery life
● Energy: 66.12Wh
● Weight: 310 g
● Charging environment temperature: -10 Deg.C- 40 Deg.C
● Maximum charging power: 52.2W
Image Transmission Specifications of Hubsan Zino 2:
● Scheme: LEAS 2.0
● Distance: 8km
● Transmission power (EIRP): <=26dbm
● Band: 5.725-5.850 GHz
Charger Specifications of Hubsan Zino 2:
Remote Control Specifications of Hubsan Zino 2:
● Operating frequency: 5.725-5.850 GHz
● Maximum effective signal distance: 8km (no interference, no obstacle)
● Operating environment temperature: -10 Deg.C- 40 Deg.C
● Built-in battery: 3350mAh
● Working Current/voltage: 3.7V, 1400mA (connecting the android devices); 750mA 3.7V (connecting the iOS devices)
● Support mobile device size: maximum length: 160mm; thickness: 6.5 – 8.5mm
● Interfaces type: Lightning / Micro USB / Type-C
● Charging: Micro USB
- Brand: Hubsan
- Model: Zino 2
- Material: ABS/PS,Electronic Components
- Type: Quadcopter
- Motor Type: Brushless Motor
- Functions: Forward/backward,Headless Mode,Height Holding,One Key Automatic Return,One Key Landing,One Key Taking Off,Sideward flight,Slow down,Speed up,Turn left/right,Up/down,WiFi Connection
- Satellite System: GLONASS, GPS
- Max Speed: Movie mode: 1m/s Normal mode: 12m/s Sport mode: 20m/s
- Max Ascent Speed: Normal mode：3m/s Sport mode：5m/s
- Max Descent Speed: Normal mode：2m/s Sport mode：3m/s
- Built-in Gyro: Yes
- Kit Types: RTF
- Level: Professional
- Age: Above 14 years old
- Remote Control: 5.8GHz Wireless Remote Control, WiFi Remote Control
- Channel: 4-Channels
- Radio Mode: Mode 2 (Left-hand Throttle)
- Detailed Control Distance: About 8000m
- Compatible with Additional Gimbal: Yes
- FPV Distance: 8KM
- Transmitter Power: Built-in rechargeable battery
- Model Power: 1 x Lithium battery(included)
- Battery: 17.4V 3800mAh Smart lithium battery
- Battery Weight: 310g
- Camera Pixels: 12MP
- Video Resolution: 4K:3840*2160 30/60fps ；2.7K:2704*1520 30/60fps ；1080P:1920*1080 30/60/120fps ；720P:1280*720 30/60/120/200fps
Dimensions and Weight
- Product weight: 0.9150 kg
- Package Weight: 3.1250 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 32.60 x 26.00 x 9.49 cm / 12.83 x 10.24 x 3.74 inches
- Package size (L x W x H): 27.50 x 26.50 x 12.00 cm / 10.83 x 10.43 x 4.72 inches done Quadcopter
Package Contents: 1 x RC Drone, 1 x Remote Control, 2 x Blade, 2 x Blade Screw, 1 x Charger, 1 x Screwdriver, 1 x Remote Control USB Charging Cable, 1 x Battery, 1 x English Manual
Which are the best consumer drones in 2020?
DJI Mavic 2: the top of the consumer drone range
At the end of August 2019, DJI presented its new range of drones Mavic 2. Concerning the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom, it is equipped with a camera with an optical zoom. This makes it possible to switch from a focal length of 24 mm to a 2x zoom to 48 mm. This new UAV also features a 1/2.3-inch sensor and can capture 12-megapixel shots and can shoot in 4K at 100 Mbps with the H.265 codec.
The DJI Mavic 2 Pro incorporates a one-inch sensor to capture 20-megapixel shots. It does not offer a zoom, but the camera, designed in partnership with Hasselblad, allows you to adjust the focal length between f/2.8 and f/11. It also allows you to capture 4K videos with a 10-bit color profile.
DJI’s new Mavic 2 offers four driving modes: free, circle, stroke lock, and waypoint. It can reach speeds of up to 72 kilometers per hour and integrates eight sensors to analyze the surroundings and avoid obstacles. On the range side, DJI promises up to 31 minutes of uninterrupted flight time. Finally, for photo and video management, the UAV offers an internal storage of 8GB expandable via microSD up to 128GB.
DJI Mavic Air: the aircraft between DJI Mavic 2 Pro and DJI Spark
Mavic Air is located halfway between DJI Spark and DJI Mavic Pro. It comes with a 2375 mAh battery that provides 21 minutes of battery life, 8GB of internal storage, a USB-C port, a camera with a 1.2/3 CMOS sensor of 12 megapixels that allows you to record videos in 4K UHD with 30 fps or in Full HD/HD with 120 fps.
It also has the same gestural functions as the DJI Spark, it can avoid obstacles and take panoramas in horizontal, vertical or 360°. If you would like to know more about DJI Mavic Air, feel free to consult our test where it has been assigned a score of 9 out of 10.
DJI Mavic Mini: the most effective-cost drone
The DJI Mini is the replacement for the famous Spark, the Mavic Mini is the manufacturer’s “quality/price ratio” solution. As its name suggests, it relies above all on its small size to convince, thanks in particular to its retractable legs to facilitate transport. When folded, it fits into 140 x 82 x 57 mm and weighs only 249 grams. But that’s not his only argument.
The object is in fact well balanced. His camera does not shoot in 4K, but in 2.7K. This is of little interest as such, but the excess pixels allow to trim in the image to obtain a digital zoom in Full HD. The 4K is always better, but as a recreational drone for everyone, we can do without it. The image quality is good. It is not perfect, but the result is frankly satisfactory.
We will also appreciate its performance, which will allow you to have fun driving in wide-open spaces: 47 km/h announced, and 14 km/h in vertical ascent. On the autonomy, the Mavic Mini is not bad either with about twenty minutes during our test. However, unlike the more expensive models, it does not have obstacle sensors.
DJI Ryze Tello: for the beginner
DJI Ryze Tello is a drone specially dedicated to beginners and a young audience. Indeed, the UAV is lightweight (80 grams), it fits in your hand (9.80 x 9.25 x 4.10 cm) and it offers an educational side, you can program it with Scratch, a coding system accessible to children. it has a 5-megapixel camera, capable of shooting videos in 720p 30 fps, an autonomy of 13 minutes, a maximum speed of 8 meters per second and a maximum range of 100 meters. It includes a number of features such as automatic takeoff and landing and the execution of figures such as flips.
Q. Does Zino 2 have function “auto Return to home” when I lost control and conectione with drone?
A. Yes, it supports RTH function
Q. Hi there what’s that max height altitude the Zino 2 can go. Since the mavic can go up to 500metres
A. Hello Kasim, the max height is 500 meters.
Q. Is there a limit to the size and speed of the Micro SD card this drone can accept? Will it take a SanDisk 400GB Extreme MicroSDXC U3 card?
A. Hi! Need to support 32-128 GB sd card.
Q. Hello. can i use android phone ? the cable is in the box or is separate thx
A. Yes, it included the Android cable to connect the Android phone
Q. What is the start-weight of the Zino 2?
A. 2.5 kg
Q. hello, wont you be my friend? does the zino 2 use a wifi connection for video transmission?
A. Yes, ZINO 2 use wifi connection for video transmission
Q. When to Canada?
A. Hi! You can see the shipping cost and delivery time during the checkout. For more https://www.gearbest.com/about/shipping-methods.html
Q. Will the lens be removable and replaceable with zoom and wide angle lenses?
A. Yes, it supports
Q. I see that many drones support more of the Apple Phones then Android. Sound like a great deal, but will it work with the Samsung Galaxy S8 or S9…Thank YOu
A. Hello Charles, yes.
Q. Hi! How do Zino 2 make firmware updates? Is it done via the connected smartphone, or do I need a computer to do it?
A. Hello Béla, You won’t use a computer, just use the APP to update me know if you need any further assistance.
Q. what is the warranty for the Hubsan Zino 2 drone? What is the return policy if I do not like the drone and want to return it to you?
A. Hello, for more about Gearbest’s warranty and returns policy, please kindly see the following link: http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html. Please contact us at any time if you require further assistance.
Q. Which shipping method includes VAT and custom tax?
A. Hello Petr, if any taxes are incurred, they are charged by the destination country and not by GearBest. Taxes are beyond GearBest’s control and are charged according to local customs policies and regulations. For more details, please check your local customs website. See our FAQ’s here: http://www.gearbest.com/about/faq.html
Q. Is the battery removable? Can you purchase replacement blades?
A. Hello Greg, Yes, it can be removable. You can order replacement baldes.
Q. Hi… does the Zino 2 use micro SD card??
A. Hello Ulises, Yes, it should use micro SD card let me know if you need any further assistance.
Q. Will the camera support PAL video modes? 25/50 fps instead of 30/60?
A. Hello, no, it will not.
Q. which sd card need and it how many gb handled?
A. Hello Gergo, Please note that it can use a 16-128 GB SD card. Let me know if you need any further assistance.
Q. How far is the max remote distance?
A. Hello Fjodor, I have already found information about the product you want for you: Maximum take-off altitude: 5000m Max. endurance mileage: 20km (50km/h windless cruising)Let me know if you need any further assistance.
Q. The battery is removable
A. Hello Panos, No, it is not removable.
Q. Any shipping forecast for Brazil?
A. Hello Ronaldo, Generally, most of our items will be shipped within 3-7 business days after payment. However, the exact processing time varies depending on the item. Please refer to our shipping estimations below:1) Expedited Shipping: 3-7 business days 2) Unregistered Air Mail & Registered Air Mail: 10-40 business days3) Priority Line: 15-25 business days (Only available for certain countries)Learn more information about our shipping methods here: http://www.gearbest.com/about/shipping-methods.html
Q. Does it have a display screen in the controller, or you need to connect a smartphone? Display screen comes seperately? You can change it with smartphone if you want?
A. Hello Daniel, Yes, you need to connect a smartphone. Let me know if you need any help.
Read More:- Amazfit GTR Lite 47mm Smartwatch 24 Days Battery Life 5ATM Waterproof Ceramics Bezel